The Conference Venue
The Conference venue is located by the seaside, at the south part of the town of Lefkada and at a distance of approx. 2 km from the main accommodation areas.
Lefkas Cultural Center
Address: Aggelou Sikelianou 1 & Nikou Svoronou, 31 100 Lefkada
Tel.: 2645026635, 26711
E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
A number of rooms have been reserved to the following recommended hotels with reduced rates. This reservation is for a block of rooms set aside until the 30th of May 2007.
Please contact the recommended hotels individually /directly and book from this block of rooms referring to the SMC07 Conference. After the 30th of May 2007 the remaining rooms will be more expensive.
Single-bed Room : 30 €
Two-bed Room : 40 €
Rooms and suites
III. Villagio Maistro
Apartments/Bungalows: 60 € per apartment. The above price does not include breakfast. Breakfast is available at the price of 5 € per person.
IV. Castro Maistro
Distance from conference venue: 2 km.
Studios: 35 € per room. The above price does not include breakfast. Breakfast is available at the price of 5 € per person.
Distance from conference venue: 0.5 km.
Apartments: 60 € per apartment. The above price does not include breakfast.
More information for accommodation one can find in the following sites:
- I - Hotels
- II - Hotels
- I - Rooms to Let
- II - Rooms to Let
- I - Camping
- II - Camping
How to reach Lefkada
- By air
- The nearest airport to Lefkada Island is located near Preveza, in the mainland. Preveza can be reached by plane from most international airports, passing by the airport of Athens.
- Regular flights link Athens to Preveza and the flying time between Athens and Preveza is of about 45 minutes.
- Lefkada Town is situated only 25 kilometres from Preveza, about 30 minutes drive.
- Public buses (KTEL) serve the airport to and from the capital and to and from Nidri. The faster way to effectuate the trip the airport to and from Lefkada is by taxi; a taxi rank is available in front of the airport and near the harbour of Lefkada Town, with a cost of about 35 € (from the airport to Lefkada city).
- By car
- Private car driving maps and road details can be found at www.viamichelin.com
- Public Buses run by KTEL SA or KTEL
Bus departures from Athens to Lefkada DAY 07:00 13:00 16:30 20:30 Monday – Sunday Bus departures from Lefkada to Athens 07:00 09:30 12:30 17:15 Monday – Saturday 09:30 12:30 16:30 17:15 Sunday Bus departures from Patras to Lefkada 15:30 Friday 20:15 Sunday Bus departures from Lefkada to Patras 09:00 Friday 17:00 Sunday
Bus Station in Athens: Avenue Kifisou 100, phone: 2105150108
Bus Station in Lefkada: 8th Merarchias street, phone: 2645022364
Bus Station in Patras: Othonos & Amalias 58 street, phone: 2610274938
Lefkada's Taxies Association phone numbers: 2645021200, 2645024600, 2645021001, 2645092000
- By sea
- There are regular ferry connections from Italy (Ancona, Bari, Brintisi, Venice) to Greece: Patras (163 km to Lefkada), Igoumenitsa (115 km to Lefkada) and Corfu island.
Suggested Rentals (Inside Lefkada)
Food & Drink
- At conference venue: Coffee and refreshments during session breaks.
- At Milos Beach Surf Resort: Light lunch during lunch break. (Coupons available for 10 €)
- Suggestions for Dining:
- Eu Zin